Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sweet Stamp Shop: Sentimental Birds

I made this card using Sentimental Birds from Sweet Stamp Shop. When I saw SSS was teaming up with CAS-ual Fridays I was beyond excited that I could enter this card into both challenges! Yay! CAS-ual Fridays' challenge was to make a CAS card that featured soft pastels with black: The Bold & The Beautiful! So I decided to make my bold with black embossing powder and my beautiful by painting with mists and white washing with Tim Holtz Distress stain in Picket Fences. Once the paint dried I adhered black and white washi tape to the edges to make a frame. Then I stamped a sentiment to the flag and affixed it to the cardstock with a black brad.





Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

Inky and glittery fingers for all!
-Gaby

ETA: Yay! This card won the grand prize over at Sweet Stamp Shop!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Gaby~
    I love those bg colours and the image is just cute.. I'm a bird fanatic so anything with birds I just go crazy over them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty! love the black on the pastels! it inspires me to make something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and great background :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love combining challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh . . . love the pastel background with the birds on a wire image - really cool! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely DARLING!! Love the design and stamping! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete