Monday, March 5, 2012

Karber Digi Design Team Card of The Week: Millie Umbrella!

Pin It
For this week's card I used Millie Umbrella. I chose her for my card this week for two reasons. One, she's adorable and such a cute stamp for Spring cards! Second, because she's awesome for newbies like me to learn shadows and shading with Copics! Because you instantly know all the shadows will be under the umbrella it makes it a lot easier to know where to lay down your darker colors. This was only my second go at shading skin tones, so please excuse the imperfections. Though I think even the Copic pros are always learning and evolving with Copics and their techniques. But if you're new to shading I couldn't think of a better image to try!

I finally got to use my new Dew Drops. I only had clear Dew Drops so what I did was drop some of my Ice Blue Copic refill ink into the tiny wells on the back of the drops and let it dry. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. :)

Pin It
Here's a front view of the card to show the sentiment and faux stitching a wee bit better.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!!

Inky and glittery fingers for all!
-Gaby

9 comments:

  1. Super cute card.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, love your coloring and your "DEW DROPS"...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. luv every thing about this card, gaby! i luv the look on the Blue dew drop too! Your coloring with copics is already Great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the mix of patterns on the papers and the raindrops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic card!!!!! I love everything about this. I AM LOVING THOSE DEW DROPS you made! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG This is just so pretty. I love how it turned out and I think you did a great job coloring the image up.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so cute! Just scrolling through your blog and your work is just gorgeous! I became a follower and look forward to many more visits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card Gaby! The image is adorable, love the bunny umbrella, and floral buttons. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there--thank you so much for following my blog. I'm returning the favor. Looking forward to being bloggie friends.

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew
    See My Stamps

    ReplyDelete