Thursday, February 23, 2012

Inspired Stamps DT, Three Ways to Use a Scripture Stamp!

Pin It
My first project is a magnetic Post-It holder for the refrigerator. The Inspired stamp I used was John 14:6, I stamped it on a die cut circle with a scalloped edge and distressed it lightly with Hero Art's ink in wet cement. I cut out another die cut with a scalloped edge slightly larger and adhered the scripture on top of it and also distressed it lightly. For the Post-It's base I used some scrap cardboard and cut it out into a rectangle. I adhered a light weight cardstock (Mine was Close to My Heart, but Doodlebug, Hambly, and 7 Gypsies also make thin cardstock) to the cardboard and folded it over the edges and cut off any pieces that hung over the edge. Then I adhered the scripture and adhered the Post-It notes below with a strong adhesive. I used Glossy Accents, but a hot glue gun would work well or maybe permanent glue dots. For some extra embellishment I ran some linen thread through three buttons and adhered them with glue dots between the scripture and the Post-Its. Lastly I adhered some self adhesive magnetic strips to the back that I got in a big roll at my local craft store.

Pin It
My second project was a star burst card featuring the Isaiah 30:15 scripture stamp. This is a great way to use up scrap paper and still make a gorgeous card! Basically all you do is cut strips of paper at 4 inches long by 1.5 inches wide, then cut them in half on the diagonal. Piece the diagonal papers together, it doesn't have to be perfect because you'll have the ribbon and the scripture in the center to cover any imperfections.

Pin It
My last project I was feeling a lil ROY G BIV ;) So I made a distressed resist rainbow for my tag and scripture. The scripture featured on this tag is James 1:2. After die cutting the tag on white paper I heat embossed the scripture with clear embossing powder. Then I started on the bottom with my red ink with my distressing tool, then my orange, then my yellow, then my green, then my blue, and finally my violet. I missed the indigo, but I'm sure Roy will forgive me. :) I then wanted the scripture to pop just a wee bit more, so I white washed around it with some white opaque mist. Except I didn't use the mister, I used a dry brush so I'd have more control on where the white wash would go.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to drop by Inspired Stamp's blog to see all the other projects the Design Team came up with!

Inky and glittery fingers for all!
-Gaby

5 comments:

  1. Love all your projects. I think I need to give the refridgerator note pad a try. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are Gorgeous, Gaby!! The refrigerator notepad is a great idea - love it!! Have a fabulous day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute ideas and projects...
    The post it note holder's are cute for gifts too...
    I try to make them to give away on holiday's.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You shared some great techniques and I really like the post-it holder!

    ReplyDelete