Thursday, April 19, 2012

CAS Lawn Fawn Card

I'm trying to hone my CAS card skills, so that's what I made this week for some challenges. I was inspired by the CAS-ual Friday challenge, but was too late to enter it. However I just love the teal and orange together, plus I got to use my new May Art's chevron ribbon!

I first stamped the butterfly directly onto the Kraft base. Then I Copic colored the butterfly from Lawn Fawn in orange hues on white cardstock and fussy cut it. I adhered it onto the stamp I had already stamped on the Kraft with Glossy Accents only in the center of the butterfly. Measured out how much room I'd need with the ribbon strip before laying it down and stamped the sentiment first. Then the most taxing part of this card was to get those loops just right. It's a lot harder than it looks and has me thinking I need some proper ribbon glue if I ever do this again!! Those little buggers did not want to stay at first! To finish off the card I added two Doodlebug orange gems and cropped the top right corner. Oh and I also went back to the butterfly and curled up the edges of it to give it a lil dimension, this is why I only put adhesive in the center. I tell ya, CAS cards are no joke! When you can't hide your flaws behind heavy embellishments it can be hard, but I'm really pleased with how this turned out! :)

Thanks so much for dropping by!

Inky and glittery fingers for all!
-Gaby

Entered into the following challenges:
Ribbon Carousel challenge: RCC49
Whoopsiedaisy Challenges
Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge: Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes Challenge: Anything Goes
Challenge #1 at Just keep on creating

4 comments:

  1. a wonderful CAS card - love the open space, the colours you've chosen and the simple sentiment - perfect! Thanks so much for joining in at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Card!Love the Butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaby this is gorgeous! Love how you have done the ribbon...beautiful CAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I love the colours of the butterfly and that ribbon is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete