Sunday, November 20, 2011

Shimelle Laine Sketch featuring my niece, Savannah.




What really intrigued me about this sketch was the circle element. I had hoards of pink buttons just waiting to be used on pages for Savannah. I also love to buy die cut cardstock that has boarders ...of course I never know what to do with them. I really liked Shimelle's idea of breaking them up and making boxes. So here's what I came up with.


Pin It
I sewed each. and. every. one. of those buttons! Worth it I think. I love how it frame's Savannah's new born picture.

Pin It

There's a small boarder sticker from Studio Calico on the bottom. Layered on top is a tag I cut down that I got from a Studio Calico kit that's by Amy Tangerine. I stamped Savannah's birth date on a Jenni Bowin Ticket with a Smash date stamp. Everything's edges are inked in Tim Holtz's new winter ink stamp pad release in the color of Iced Spruce. I love it so much that I've been cheating on Vintage Photo with it lately. Shhh! Don't tell!

Thanks so much for having a looksie at my blog.

Inky and glitter fingers for all!
-Gaby

1 comment:

  1. Great layout! I love all those buttons.
    Thanks for the nice comment on my blog, and for following!!

    ReplyDelete