Monday, September 12, 2011

Products you love every which way, September.

Pin It

Here's another entry for the Products you love every which way class from Shannon Tidwell. This month's class at Two Peas In a Bucket focuses on tapes. There's tissue tapes, washi tapes, cotton tapes, canvas tapes, embossed masking tapes, and I'm sure many other decorative paper crafting tapes I didn't mention. For this layout I used Prima's Bare Canvas tape, Tim Holtz's Tissue Tape, and Amy Tangerine's by American Crafts Mixed tape (haha, get it? so cute!).

Pin It

First I cut down a piece of kraft cardstock by taking an inch off of two of the four sides. Then I took a ruler and made a crisscross pattern kind of like the top of a pie with a pencil. I misted the kraft with some Tattered Angels glimmer mist in Bahama Blue, then misted over that with a layer of Studio Calico Mr. Huey's Cream mist. After I let it dry I started adhering Tim Holtz's Tissue Tape diagonally up one side and back down the other to form that pie pattern crisscross I had sketched out in pencil. After that was all finished I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and adhered it to a 12x12 sheet of plain Kraft.

Pin It

On my journaling tag is where I added the other two tapes. First I stamped out the lines on the tag with Lawn Fawn's Schoolhouse Backdrops. After that I used Amy Tangerine's Mixed Tape in the woodgrain pattern to the edges of the tag. Once I got that all stuck down how I liked it, I rolled out a piece of Prima's Bare Canvass Tape and stamped out Folly Beach using Lawn Fawn's Sally's ABC stamps and brown StayzOn ink. All I had to do after was peel off the backing and stick it on the tag as my title and fill in my journaling.

After all my tissue tape adventures I added some other embellishments and a title. The title is silly, I know. Ever since I heard that the storm was named Irene I couldn't get the song, 'Come on Eileen' out of my head. It probably doesn't help I was listening to Save Ferris (one of my favorite CDs from high school) the week before. I kept saying it sarcastically in my head, "Oh Come ON, Irene!" Hoping we wouldn't have to cut our vacation short to come home to NC to prepare. Sadly we did have to come home early, but luckily we had very little damage. So I'm not complaining!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Inky and glittery fingers for all!
-Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment