Thursday, September 15, 2011

More color, Gaby!

Pin It

I was submitting some of my paper projects for a guest designer opportunity when I noticed I use way too many greens, turquoises, and blues. Of course I only realized this after I sent in my submission, I wish I could do a do-over! I did include my blog address so hopefully they'll look here, too! This Layout still has my favorite colors, but I mixed in some pink, yellow, and a touch of white. Sure, I still used Kraft, but I love it and it flows throughout all the layouts I've done so far in 2011. Plus it's good for the environment! :)

Pin It

I also decided I needed to put my embroidery skills into more of my layouts. I actually started embroidering about four years before I started scraping. I never said I was any good at it, but I like the dimension it gives to the paper. The tag I hand wrote in pencil, poked holes along the letters and went over it a few times with stitching to give it that thick rope look. The hearts are from an American Crafts tool called Sew Easy. I used Echo Park, Doodlebug, and Kraft cardstock. The lone flower button is from Pebbles and the adorable camera stamp is from Amy Tan's line, Amy Tangerine for American Crafts. I am such an Amy Tan fan girl! I can't wait to get more of her line!

Thanks so much for dropping by! Also you may have noticed the "pin it" buttons under most of my photos here on my blog. This is for pinning purposes on Pinterest.com. If think any of my works are pin/share worthy I would love for you to pin them! If you'd like an invite to Pinterest please let me know and I'll definitely send you one. Such an awesome site to share inspiration, recipes, cuteness, DIY ideas, home decor, and so much more!

Inky and glittery fingers for all!
-Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment