Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sweet Stamping Treats: Mother's Day


This week the Sweet Stamping Treats design team was asked to make cards for Mother's Day. I chose to make an unconventional Mother's Day card by using the Tweet Flies a Plane. I colored him and his plane with Copics, making the plane look a little vintage. I hand cut a flag and wrote "Happy Mother's Day" on the banner and attached it with linen thread to the plane. I wanted to bring the eyes to the banner first, so I used a foam finger tool to add some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to outline the banner and to make it look a little like the wind coming off the plane as it flew through the air. I also made this card 9.5x4 inches, perfect for fitting a legal sized envelope! We have a huge box of legal sized envelopes from Costco that I don't think we'll ever run out of, so a good size card to mix it up and to use up the envelopes!

This will be my last project with the Sweet Stamp Shop as I am stepping down from the design team. Thank you so much to the owners for being such a joy to work with! It's meant so much to me for being a part of your design team!

Inky and glittery fingers for all!
-Gaby

2 comments:

  1. Hehe Gaby this image is so cute! I love the scene you have created....that banner is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one too cute. Great Coloring of that image.

    Hugs,
    Kate.

    ReplyDelete