Monday, February 27, 2012

Made Especially For You, Stitching!

Pin It
This week's challenge at Made Especially For You is to use stitching on your project. I chose to use a shamrock digi from The Cutting Cafe. I colored it with three different green Copics then punched holes with my Tim Holtz piercing tool as evenly spaced as I could. Then I sewed it with an embroidery needle and green embroidery floss. I fussy cut it and colored in the edges with the darker of my green Copics. I made my own background paper by stamping the word Lucky repeatedly with a small shamrock stamp. I colored in the small shamrocks with Copics and flicked gold acrylic paint and then sprayed with gold glimmer mist. Then I distressed it with my Tim Holtz distressing tool and edged it with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. Stamped the sentiment on a flag, then took a metal button and painted it gold with the same gold acrylic paint I flicked earlier. Lastly I sewed on the button with linen thread and tied a small bow.

Please stop by the Made Especially For You blog today and enter this week's challenge. It can be any kind of stitching, even faux with a pen. Don't hesitate to enter, you don't want to miss out on this week's prize from The Cutting Cafe!!


The Cutting Cafe


Also please don't forget about Made Especially For You's upcoming blog hop!! It has a spring fling theme and you definitely will want to check it out and hop along with us! We'll all have prizes to give away and some amazing projects to share!!




Thanks so much for stopping by!

Inky and glittery fingers for all!
-Gaby

5 comments:

  1. BFF!!!!

    What an AWESOME job on your card!!! I wanna be like you!! Your Copic coloring skills are FANTASTIC!!! LOVE IT!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica (your BFF, hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my i LOVE YOUR STITCHING..totally fantastic...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Gaby and great colors!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a FUN St. Patty's Day card:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gaby, I absolutely LOVE this card! The stitching around the shamrock is adorable!! Love how you created your own background paper!! Just gorgeous!!

    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete