Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Stamp resist technique.

Pin It


Pin It


I loosely followed Nichol Magouirk's class on stamp resist. By loosely, I mean that I did a small bit of the technique on my lay out, but didn't follow her sketch. Which is totally fine if you want to enter the contest for her class at Two Peas.
I'll start off with the products I used:
-Stampin' Up Calypso Cooler ink pad
-Stampin' Up mini clip
-Tim Holtz Vintage photo Distress Ink
-Versa Mark embossing pad
-Maya Road Kraft doilies
-Bo Bunny Gabrielle papers
-Ali Edwards' Awesome Days of Summer stamp
-Studio Calico cream Mr. Huey spray
-Tattered Angels sand Glimmer Mist
-Studio Calico cream cardstock
-Jenni Bowlin mini calendar bingo cards
-Rocket Age mini market stickers from October Afternoon
-Flower from CTMH Bliss Level 2 assortment
-CTMH Juniper Exclusive Inks® stamp pad
-Martha Stewart double edged scallop punch
-Kraft cardstock
-Mistables scalloped ribbons by Pink Paisley
-Embossing tool
-Ranger white embossing powder
-Ranger blending tool with foam applicator
-Post It notes

Stamp resist is a pretty easy way to bring a nice element to a layout. For this one I stamped Ali Edwards' sentiment on Jenni Bowlin's bingo card with Versa Mark. Then sprinkled on the Ranger white embossing power and tapped off the extra that didn't stick to the Vesa Mark. Starting on the back of the card I lightly heat embossed it and then turned it to the front and finished off the heat embossing. Let cool for two minutes and masked off the edges of the bingo card with post it notes. I dipped my blending tool in vintage Photo Distress Ink and blended it around the sentiment, making it the darkest around the embossed portion and lightly blending the ink outwards towards the Post Its. The embossing part will resist the ink or spray you blend or mist on it, just take a clean cloth and wipe off any that may be laying on top for an extra clean look. Lastly I took off the Post its and edged it with CTMH's Juniper ink.

If you'd like any more information on this LO, please don't hesitate to ask!

Inky and glittery fingers for all!
-Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment