Monday, January 2, 2012

Another for Lawn Fawn's CHA challenge.

Pin It
Just another submission for Lawn Fawn's CHA and catalog challenge. This one I stamped the background with the cotton candy stamp from their Admit One set and colored them in blue and pink. Which cotton candy tastes better to you? There's a difference, you know! ;) I'm going to have to go with blue, though I'll take pink in a pinch.

For the Polaroid image, I stamped the Polaroid from their Say Cheese set and cut it out, including the center. On a separate piece of cardstock I cut out a square just a smidge larger than the center I cut out. On that I stamped the Ferris wheel from the Admit One set slightly off to the side and colored it in with Copics. I added the gems again and this time a lil bit of gold stickles. Then I cut out the dog from the Critter's in the Burbs set. The first thing I did was color in the center of the dog's collar tag with Ranger's embossing pen. Then I sprinkled silver embossing powder and heat embossed it for a metal look. Then I colored him in with greys and a red collar with Copics. I did one last cotton candy in pink and cut it out. I also decided last minute to color in the sky area in a light aqua. Then I set the Polaroid cutout over the square with the Ferris wheel and decided where I was going to attach the dog with the cotton candy. Once I got it in place I attached the dog and cotton candy with foam adhesives. Only then did I glue down the Polaroid in place. Before adhering the finished piece to the card base I tied two colors of twine in a bow at the bottom. Once everything was adhered I did faux stitching hashes with a white gel pen.

Thank you all so much for all the awesome comments, they all meant so much to me! And a special thank you to all my new followers! I'll be doing a blog candy giveaway once I reach 30 followers, only four more to go! I'll make an official post once I start the giveaway.

Inky and glitter fingers for all!
-Gaby

6 comments:

  1. So do CUTE! Love the look of the dog in the foreground and the scene behind him

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is so awesome! I think you have a great chance of winning with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute honey!! I hope you win!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful blog hun! Good Luck with our DT Call over at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an adorable card with lovely cards and the dog was a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cuteee! love that ice cream as background and the color combo sweeet as sweet as candy.

    ReplyDelete